GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION/JOB SCOPE:
Accountable to the Assistant Executive Director and Executive Director, the
Bookkeeping Supervisor is responsible for the facilitation and supervision of the overall
fee collection, reconciliation of fees, and disbursement of payments.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Responsible for planning, coordinating, and implementing all administration and
procedural functions of Bookkeeping.
2. Fully supervises and maintains responsibility for Bookkeeping personnel as
assigned by the Assistant Executive Director.
3. Oversees the collection of money from defendants and maintains accurate
records/reports of payments.
4. Supervises the receiving and receipting of all transactions within Bookkeeping
5. Assures that the daily deposits balance with the computer balance summary
6. Prepares and monitors deposits of money collected from defendants into bank
7. Disburses funds collected to County agencies and other departments, and victims
8. Reconciles all bank statements
9. Maintains records of money collected from defendants, balances, deposits and
compiles accurate reports as needed to meet departmental needs.
10. Assesses fees to defendants as ordered by the court or assesses program fees assessed
11. Responsible for tax deposits, IRS reports
12. Works closely with Tom Green County Auditor's, Treasurer's and other agencies
13. Complies with department policies and the TDCJ-CJAD Code of Ethics.
14. Performs other duties as assigned by the Executive Director or Assistant Executive
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND TRAINING:
Must possess a valid Texas Driver's License and provide proof of liability insurance. Must have acquired a high school diploma or equivalency. A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university is preferred but not required.
Desirable to have completed two years of college work in bookkeeping from a college or
business school, or four years experience in bookkeeping.
Knowledgeable in the use of word processing software; with the ability to type at least 40
words per minute and use 10-key.
Knowledgeable in the use of various photo copying machines and fax machines, and in
the use of multi-line phones.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to make rational, justifiable decisions
- Knowledge of skills employed in supervising techniques for organizing and coordinating work responsibilities and tasks.
- Have the ability to utilize a personal computer, general office equipment.
- Be able to work independently and efficiently
- Competent in interpersonal skills. Possess skills to effectively communicate in writing and orally.
- Must have the ability to physically be present at work on a regular basis during assigned work hours. Strong attendance is required.
- Must have the ability to deal with high stress situations and the physical ability to conduct all phases of the responsibilities and tasks.
- Must have demonstrated attitude of being a team player, and a desire to perform job standards including spontaneous assignments are to be maintained.
OPENING DATE: FILLED CLOSING DATE: FILLED
POSITION: Bookkeeping Supervisor
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Assistant Executive Director
SALARY: $34,158 annually
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Non-exempt
DEPARTMENT/LOCATION: CVCSCD/Bryant Blvd
The Bookkeeping Supervisor works under the general supervision of the Assistant Executive Director and is responsible for overseeing the daily financial duties of the department.
THE CONCHO VALLEY CSCD IS A DRUG FREE WORK ENVIRONMENT. ALL PERSONS SELECTED FOR POSSIBLE EMPLOYMENT SHALL SUBMIT TO A DRUG SCREEN FOR CONTROLLED SUBSTANCES PRIOR TO EMPLOYMENT, FAILURE OF THE DRUG SCREENING WILL RESULT IN AN IMMEDIATE WITHDRAWAL OF ANY AND ALL OFFERS OF EMPLOYMENT.
CRIMINAL INVESTIGATION OF PROSPECTIVE EMPLOYEES IS CONDUCTED.
DUE TO THE VOLUME OF APPLICATIONS ANTICIPATED, ONLY THOSE PERSONNEL TO BE INTERVIEWED WILL BE CONTACTED. THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN WORKING FOR THE CONCHO VALLEY COMMUNITY SUPERVISION AND CORRECTIONS DEPARTMENT.
Qualified candidates must complete an application that may be obtained from the Concho Valley CSCD website or the office listed below. Applications will be accepted in person, by mail or by fax. No late applications will be accepted.
Concho Valley Community Supervision & Corrections Department
Kimberly Badgett, Human Resources Director or Beverly Baity, Human Resources Assistant
3036 N. Bryant Blvd
San Angelo, TX 76903
The Concho Valley Community Supervision & Corrections Department is an Equal Opportunity Employer