Under general guidance of the Executive Director, the Budget Director performs general bookkeeping responsibilities, prepares reports, and processes requisitions.
THE CONCHO VALLEY CSCD IS A DRUG FREE WORK ENVIRONMENT. ALL PERSONS SELECTED FOR POSSIBLE EMPLOYMENT SHALL SUBMIT TO A DRUG SCREEN FOR CONTROLLED SUBSTANCES PRIOR TO EMPLOYMENT, FAILURE OF THE DRUG SCREENING WILL RESULT IN AN IMMEDIATE WITHDRAWAL OF ANY AND ALL OFFERS OF EMPLOYMENT.
CRIMINAL INVESTIGATION OF PROSPECTIVE EMPLOYEES IS CONDUCTED.
DUE TO THE VOLUME OF APPLICATIONS ANTICIPATED, ONLY THOSE PERSONNEL TO BE INTERVIEWED WILL BE CONTACTED. THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN WORKING FOR THE CONCHO VALLEY COMMUNITY SUPERVISION AND CORRECTIONS DEPARTMENT.
Qualified candidates must complete an application that may be obtained from the Concho Valley CSCD website or the office listed below. Applications will be accepted in person, by mail or by fax. Concho Valley Community Supervision & Corrections Department
Kimberly Badgett, Human Resources Director or Beverly Baity, Human Resources Assistant
3036 N. Bryant Blvd
San Angelo, TX 76903
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Assists Executive Director in preparation and administration of budgets and grants.
2. Maintains computerized accounting system
3. Ensures that statistical and budgetary reports are submitted to appropriate agencies on a timely basis.
4. Follow purchasing procedures obtaining quotes, entering requisitions, and
communicating with vendors.
5. Ensures that Executive Director receives current, accurate information and reports in
a timely manner.
6. Responsible for maintaining a complete and accurate payroll record on each
7. Approves all purchases to assure they are allowable expenditures.
8. Completes MUNIS applications to enter invoices to process check payment to
vendors and employees.
9. Enters purchase order requests in MUNIS for department.
10. Mail payments out to all vendors.
11. Coordinates with Auditor’s to complete quarterly reports submitted to CJAD.
12. Prepares all CJAD and County funded budgets; monitors budget revenue and
expenditures; prepares amended budgets as needed.
13. Is available to transport and collect departmental paperwork to and from the
14. Maintains office files while assuring confidentiality.
15. Performs other reasonably related business duties as assigned by Executive Director.
16. Complies with the TDCJ-CJAD Code of Ethics.
- Possess a Bachelors Degree conferred by a college or university accredited by an accrediting organization recognized by the coordinating board, Texas College and University System
- Prefer graduate from a college or business school with a specialization in accounting or business administration
- Must have at least three years experience in bookkeeping and/or government fund accounting
- Experience in computerized accounting and appropriate software utilization
- Cannot be currently on community supervision, parole, or serving a sentence for a criminal offense. Persons with past convictions or criminal justice supervision will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis in accordance with standards established by the Community Justice Assistance Division of the Texas Department of Criminal Justice
- Have the ability to utilize a personal computer
- Be able to work independently and efficiently
- Possess skills to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to establish and maintain satisfactory and professional relationships with fellow employees, supervisory and administrative personnel, the general public, and other agencies and departments with whom we work
- Ability to project and maintain an image consistent with the aims, goals and philosophy of the Concho Valley Community Supervision and Corrections Department
- Ability to effectively and consistently communicate the mission and philosophy of the department
- Ability to make rational, justifiable decisions
- Ability to take direction and critique from supervisory and administrative personnel
- Ability to follow the philosophy, policies, procedures and directives of the Concho Valley
- Community Supervision and Corrections Department
- Must possess a valid Texas Driver’s License (if employee is coming to this position from another state, this requirement must be met no later than thirty days following date of employment)
- Must have a telephone number at which they can be reached
- Must have appropriate and current automobile insurance