POSITION: HR Assistant Administrator / Benefits Coordinator
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: HR Administrator
SALARY: $41,987.00 - $46,667.00 annually
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Non-exempt
DEPARTMENT/LOCATION: CVCSCD-CCF/N Bryant Blvd
The HR Assistant Administrator / Benefits Coordinator works under the general supervision of the HR Administrator and is responsible for providing administrative and operational support to the Concho Valley CSCD, Female CCF, and RKR Male CCF. The HR Assistant Administrator / Benefits Coordinator works at least 40 hours per week in order to accomplish the administrative tasks assigned to this position.
THE CONCHO VALLEY CSCD IS A DRUG FREE WORK ENVIRONMENT. ALL PERSONS SELECTED FOR POSSIBLE EMPLOYMENT SHALL SUBMIT TO A DRUG SCREEN FOR CONTROLLED SUBSTANCES PRIOR TO EMPLOYMENT, FAILURE OF THE DRUG SCREENING WILL RESULT IN AN IMMEDIATE WITHDRAWAL OF ANY AND ALL OFFERS OF EMPLOYMENT.
CRIMINAL INVESTIGATION OF PROSPECTIVE EMPLOYEES IS CONDUCTED.
DUE TO THE VOLUME OF APPLICATIONS ANTICIPATED, ONLY THOSE PERSONNEL TO BE INTERVIEWED WILL BE CONTACTED. THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN WORKING FOR THE CONCHO VALLEY COMMUNITY SUPERVISION AND CORRECTIONS DEPARTMENT.
Qualified candidates must complete an application that may be obtained from the Concho Valley CSCD website or the office listed below. Applications will be accepted in person, by mail or by fax. Concho Valley Community Supervision & Corrections Department
Kim Badgett, HR Administrator
3036 N. Bryant Blvd.
San Angelo, TX 76903
The Concho Valley Community Supervision & Corrections Department is an Equal Opportunity Employer
CONCHO VALLEY COMMUNITY SUPERVISION AND CORRECTIONS DEPARTMENT
HR Assistant Administrator / Benefits Coordinator
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Assist with new hire orientation and new hire processing for all facilities.
2. Responsible for administering and tracking employee benefits.
3. Explain, advise, and facilitate proper enrollment in Group Benefits Program and
4. Enter new-hires, terminations, re-hire, LOA and retirement actions in ERS OnLine in
a timely manner
5. Access FTP BlueZone server and compare daily change files with actions created in
6. Compare monthly file with Payroll records
7. Complete accurately and submit all required forms in a timely manner to CJAD
8. Remit monthly premium payment to Huntsville Cashier’s Office no later than the 1 st
of the month
9. Reconcile benefit statements and provide explanations of any discrepancies to CJAD
10. Process and maintain files for FMLA, Employee Medical Files, Interns, and
11. Data entry into TimeClock, Munis, and CSS.
12. Prepare, enter, and submit payroll information to Treasurers’ Office
13. Process/audit/reconcile all timesheets for accuracy of all hours and accruals.
14. Prepares Monthly Staff Reports for the Deputy Director and various other reports as
15. Types as requested, various letters, correspondence and reports.
16. Prepare ID cards and badges
17. Assist with special projects.
18. Performs other duties as assigned.
19. Conducts self in a professional manner with colleagues, with defendants, and with the
20. Complies with the TDCJ-CJAD Code of Ethics.
Possession of a Bachelors Degree conferred by a college or university accredited by an
accrediting organization recognized by the coordinating board, Texas College and
University System is preferred.
Progressively responsible experience which provides evidence that the candidate has a
good understanding of administrative processes and practices at a professional
level, preferably in a human resources environment.
Possess exceptional analytical and communication skills, both orally and in writing.
Ability to exercise mature judgment and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Attention to detail is critical.
Have acquired a high school diploma or GED.
Have at least three years experience performing personnel functions (preferred).
Knowledgeable in the use of personal computers and computer applications is required-
Microsoft Word and Excel are preferred.
Position necessitates some lifting.
Knowledgeable in the use of various photo copying machines and fax machines.
Be able to work independently and efficiently.
Have working knowledge of the Texas Criminal Justice System.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Ability to make rational, justifiable decisions
Ability to take direction and critique from management personnel
Ability to follow the philosophy, policies, procedures and directives of the Concho
Valley Community Supervision and Corrections Department
Must possess a valid Texas Driver’s License (if employee is coming to this position from
another state, this requirement must be met no later than thirty days following date of
Must have a telephone number at which they can be reached.
Must have the appropriate automobile insurance.