The RKR Assistant Director (Roy K Robb Community Corrections Facility) is responsible to the RKR Residential Facility Director for the management and daily operations of the community corrections facilities (CCF). The RKR Assistant Facility Director shall work closely with the RKR Residential Director to: 1) coordinate, supervise and evaluate CCF personnel including CCF Residential Supervision Officer duties and responsibilities, 2) coordinate the successful operation of the facility by ensuring compliance with Court Orders, Departmental Policies/Procedures and Standards established by the Community Justice Assistance Division of the Texas Department of Criminal Justice.
CONCHO VALLEY COMMUNITY SUPERVISION AND CORRECTIONS DEPARTMENT
ASSISTANT FACILITY DIRECTOR
The Assistant Facility Director will assist the Facility Director with the overall operations
of the RKR CCF.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. As directed by RKR Residential Director, manages the day-to-day
operations of the facility, including the coordination and implementation
of administrative and treatment functions of the facility.
2. Makes recommendations to RKR Residential Director regarding
staffing needs of the Center. Assists the Facility Director to develop
and administer the facility’s budget, ensuring that all expenditures fall
within budget guidelines.
3. Monitors monthly income and expenditures to assure sound fiscal
operations and advises RKR Residential Director on a regular and
4. Assists the RKR Residential Director ensuring that statistical and
budgetary reports are submitted to appropriate agencies accurately
and on a timely basis.
5. Ensures the facility remains in compliance with established fire, safety,
food service, and health codes. Responsible for overall maintenance
and cleanliness of the facility.
6. Prepares appropriate documentation and assists Facility Director, as
requested, in preparing for/or making presentations at job fairs, non-
profit organizations, professional organizations and other criminal
7. Conducts performance appraisals on employees.
8. Must be accessible by phone 7 days a week/ 24hrs a days / 365 days
a year; (excluding scheduled leave)
9. Conducts administrative hearings, as necessary, with residents to
ensure compliance with Court Orders.
10. Assists RKR Residential Director to oversee all resident programming,
treatment plans, and residential supervision case management
11. In coordination with CSCD Human Resources, Responsible for
interviewing and hiring qualified applicants for positions in the facility.
May convene selections board when appropriate.
13. In coordination with the CSCD Human Resources, Responsible for
staff disciplinary actions as appropriate.
14. Supervises the collection of resident fees and Court Ordered fees.
15. Upon direction of the RKR Residential Director, serves as media
representative in matters related to operations of the facility.
16. Upon direction of the RKR Residential Director, represents Department
or RKR Residential Director at meetings with other agencies when the
best interest of the facility is at hand.
17. Upon direction of RKR Residential Director, negotiates, reviews, and
monitors contract services utilized by the facility ensuring the terms of
the contract are fulfilled and cost effective.
18. As directed by RKR Residential Director, serves as liaison to any
Advisory Committee on Community Corrections Facilities.
19. As directed by RKR Residential Director, is responsible for
management of the facility and of all facility personnel.
20. Responsible for personnel matters, determines disciplinary actions and
performs terminations as appropriate.
21. Performs other related duties as assigned by the Facility Director.
22. Shall be familiar with and abide by CJAD Standards; Residential Code
of Ethics; Departmental policies and procedures.
Possess a Masters Degree in Counseling, Psychology, Social Work, Criminology
or other related field conferred by a college or university accredited by an
accrediting organization recognized by the Coordinating Board of Texas College
and University System preferred. A Bachelors Degree in one of the foregoing
disciplines with five (5) years of progressively increasing positions of
responsibility accepted in lieu of a Masters Degree.
Five (5) years experience in full time casework, counseling, community or group
work in social service, community corrections, substance abuse or juvenile
agencies that deals with offenders or disadvantaged persons. The CRTC
Director and Executive Director will determine the kind of experience needed to
meet this requirement.
Three years experience as a full-time supervisor.
Prior experience in residential/substance abuse treatment facilities desired.
Have the ability to utilize a personal computer.
Be able to work independently and efficiently.
Possess skills to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Ability to instruct or direct the work of employees performing routine duties or
completes casework and residential services.
Ability to maintain effective relationships with other staff, county officials, and
state, municipal, and civic organizations
Ability to develop budgets and administer finances in a cost-effective manner
Ability to work independently and efficiently
Knowledge of the Texas Penal Code and Code of Criminal Procedure
Knowledge of substance abuse treatment programs
Knowledge of case management techniques
Knowledgeable in the area of personnel administration
Knowledgeable in EEO, FLSA, FMLA and ADA State and Federal guidelines
Working knowledge of federal, state and local laws, rules, regulations, departmental
policies and procedures, as well as techniques involved in the preparation and care of
case records and related documents.
Understanding of human behavioral patterns and the ability to apply good judgment to
problems of individuals
Ability to effectively and consistently communicate the mission and philosophy of the
Ability to follow the philosophy, policies, procedures and directives of the Concho Valley
Community Supervision and Corrections Department
Must possess a valid Texas Driver’s License
Must have a working telephone number at which they can be reached by phone or text
Must have appropriate and current automobile insurance
Qualified candidates must complete an application that may be obtained from the Concho Valley CSCD website or the office listed below. Applications will be accepted in person, by mail or by fax.
Concho Valley Community Supervision & Corrections Department
Kimberly Badgett, Human Resources Administrator or Beverly Baity, Human Resources Assistant
3036 North Bryant Blvd
San Angelo, TX 76903