Oakes St. Bridge in San Angelo Will Close for Almost a Year

SAN ANGELO – The Oakes St. Bridge from Concho Ave. to Allen St. in downtown San Angelo will be closed for repairs for approximately nine months.  

According to information from the City of San Angelo Friday, Texas Department of Transportation crews will be repairing the Oakes Street Bridge over the next several months using the statewide bridge repair program.  

Here are the details from the City of San Angelo: 

Where: Oakes Street Bridge from Concho Avenue to Allen Street.

When: Closed June 5-March 2024.

TxDOT is repairing the Oakes Street Bridge and covering 90% of the cost, with the City of San Angelo matching the remaining 10% of the cost. Oakes Street Bridge is owned by the City of San Angelo, but we are working with the TxDOT Bridge Division and utilizing their statewide bridge repair program for necessary repairs.

Subscribe to the LIVE! Daily

The LIVE! Daily is the "newspaper to your email" for San Angelo. Each content-packed edition has weather, the popular Top of the Email opinion and rumor mill column, news around the state of Texas, news around west Texas, the latest news stories from San Angelo LIVE!, events, and the most recent obituaries. The bottom of the email contains the most recent rants and comments. The LIVE! daily is emailed 5 days per week. On Sundays, subscribers receive the West Texas Real Estate LIVE! email.


Most Recent Videos

Post a comment to this article here:

X Close