SAN ANGELO, TX – The San Angelo Independent School District announced Communications Specialist Jack Wilcox was honored with eleven state awards at the 2021 Texas School Public Relations Association (TSPRA) Conference.
According to SAISD, TSPRA’s annual Star Awards recognize outstanding communicators in school districts for their work in the areas of print, electronic, and visual communications.
"Jack Wilcox plays an instrumental role at the San Angelo ISD Communications Department, particularly during this unprecedented year working with the SAISD leadership team to build communications both in times of emergency and those detailing the uniqueness of the 2020 - 2021 school year," said SAISD in a statement. "His unique eye, talent, and impressive creativity brings life to the production of all our District videos and photography and helps to tell the story of the District, our students, and staff. We are proud that he receives not only local recognition, but recognition at the state level from professional organizations for his tremendous work."
Mr. Wilcox was honored with the following awards:
- Best of Category for “Sunset over San Angelo Stadium” Photo
- Gold Star Award for “Grab and Go Meals” Flyer
- Gold Star Award for “Drone Photo of Central Bobcats Football Game” Photo
- Gold Star Award for “Drone Photo of Lake View Chiefs Football Game” Photo
- Gold Star Award for “Sunrise at CHS” Photo
- Gold Star Award for “Sunset of San Angelo Stadium” Photo
- Gold Star Award for “Celebrating all the Ways Students Are Smart” Print Ad
- Gold Star Award for “Graduating Seniors Digital Billboard Ads” Advertisement
- Silver Star Award for “Grade and Go Curbside Meals” Promotional Video
- Bronze Star Award for “National Principals Month” Social Media Campaign
- Bronze Star Award for “National School Counseling Week” Social Media Campaign
“We are so incredibly proud of Mr. Wilcox, and truly appreciative of the highly professional and evocative style and skill he brings to telling the story of San Angelo ISD, our students, and staff,” said San Angelo ISD Executive Director of Communications Whitney Wood. “He is exceptionally deserving of these honors. At SAISD, we work to help our students achieve their hopes and dreams, and Mr. Wilcox helps us to showcase our students in that journey as well as our educators who shine in developing our students. From excellent videography to capturing moments with still photography to creative out-of-the-box and strategic thinking, he is a great communicator and true talent.”