SAN ANGELO, TX — The Angelo State University Woodwind Chamber Ensembles will present their annual fall concerts on Sunday and Monday, Dec. 3-4, in the Carr Education-Fine Arts (EFA) Building at 2602 Dena Drive. The Sunday, Dec. 3, concert will begin at 2 p.m., and the Monday, Dec. 4, concert will begin at 7 p.m. Both concerts will take place in the EFA Building's Eldon Black Recital Hall and are free and open to the public.
Sunday's concert will feature the ASU Clarinet Choir, which includes Jodie Ayala of Childress, Jaime Herrera of Abilene, and Selah Kjar and Lauren Ochoa of San Angelo on clarinets, and Nicholas DeLeon of Killeen and Gavin Martinson of San Angelo on bass clarinets. They will be joined by Maya Rios and Nellie Woodruff of San Angelo on bassoon.
The musical program for the Clarinet Choir concert will include:
- "Habanera" by Paquito D'Rivera
- "Serenade" by Robert Starer
- "At Night" by Jenni Brandon
- "Tango by Patrick Hijetick
- "Short Sonata" by Graham Lyons, performed by DeLeon and Rios
- "Sonata in E-flat" by Wolfgang A. Mozart, performed by Rios and Woodruff
The Monday concert will feature the ASU Saxophone Quartet, which includes Avery Bryars of Round Rock on alto sax, Carol Campbell of Mertzon on baritone sax, Ethan Clark of San Angelo on soprano sax, and Jayden Woodard of Brownwood on tenor sax. They will also be joined by members of the ASU Flute Choir.
The musical program for the Saxophone Quartet concert will include:
- Three Excerpts from "Our Town" by Aaron Copland
- "Simple Gifts" by Aaron Copland
- Excerpts from "Songs from the Coming Days" by David Maslanka
- "Nights in Ole San Antone" by Carol Britton Chambers
The Woodwind Chamber Ensembles are directed by Drs. Timothy Bonenfant, Constance Kelley, and Janelle Ott of the ASU music faculty.