HOLLYWOOD— A movie trailer about a man fighting the child trafficking trade which lead to the creation of "Operation Underground Railroad" has dropped online.
'Sound of Freedom' is based on Tim Ballard’s story and the events that led up to him creating Operation Underground Railroad. The Operation Underground Railroad exists to rescue children from sex trafficking and from being sexually exploited.
The Sound of Freedom synopsis reads:
After rescuing a boy from ruthless child traffickers, a federal agent learns the boy’s sister is still captive and decides to embark on a dangerous mission to save her. With time running out, he quits his job and journeys deep into the Colombian jungle, putting his life on the line to free her from a fate worse than death.
Directed by Alejandro Monteverde, Sound of Freedom tackles a very serious subject that Ballard actually quit his job as an agent for the Department of Homeland Security to start Operation Underground Railroad.
The cast includes:
- Jim Caviezel (The Passion of the Christ) as Tim Ballard
- Mira Sorvino (Romy and Michele’s High School Reunion) as Katherine Ballard
- Bill Camp (Joker) as Batman
- Kurt Fuller (Wayne’s World) as Frost
- Gary Basaraba (The Irishman) as Earl Buchanan
- Jose Zuniga (The Dark Tower) as Roberto
- Scott Haze (Thank You for Your Service) as Chris
Sound of Freedom hits theaters on July 4, 2023.