NWS: Another Round of Thunderstorms Monday


SAN ANGELO, TX – A stalled cold front over the Concho Valley Monday has set up the right conditions for another round of thunderstorms. 

According to the National Weather Service office in San Angelo, thunderstorms are expected Monday afternoon mainly south and east of a Brownwood to San Angelo to Sonora line.  The main weather threat will be heavy rainfall producing flash flooding.  Areas that received heavy rain over the weekend could see more and potentially heavier flooding. 

There is a 60 percent chance of rain Monday afternoon with temperatures rising to the upper 80s.  Monday the rain chance is 40 percent. 

On Tuesday, the chance for showers and thunderstorms rises to 50 percent.  

This is a developing weather situation and residents are cautioned to monitor the weather as conditions change.  

Subscribe to the LIVE! Daily

The LIVE! Daily is the "newspaper to your email" for San Angelo. Each content-packed edition has weather, the popular Top of the Email opinion and rumor mill column, news around the state of Texas, news around west Texas, the latest news stories from San Angelo LIVE!, events, and the most recent obituaries. The bottom of the email contains the most recent rants and comments. The LIVE! daily is emailed 5 days per week. On Sundays, subscribers receive the West Texas Real Estate LIVE! email.


Most Recent Videos

Post a comment to this article here:

X Close