Rain Begins Sunday with Flooding Possible Midweek

SAN ANGELO – Above average temperatures Sunday afternoon will give way to rain chances which will increase daily with the possibility of flooding Wednesday night. 

Government weather experts with the National Weather Service office in San Angelo say there is a 30% chance of showers in the Concho Valley starting Sunday after 4 p.m. A weak upper level disturbance will move northeast of the area creating rain chances to the north and northwest Sunday. 

A trough of low pressure in the upper atmosphere will move through the central U.S. creating instability locally starting Tuesday.  Severe weather is note expected but there will be plenty of moisture in place to dump up to 3 inches of rain.  That could cause localized flooding Wednesday night into Thursday morning.  The timing of the flooding could change as the weather pattern progresses.  

In addition, an actual cold front will bring much cooler temperatures to the area Wednesday.  Highs Thursday will be in the 70s with lows in the 50s Friday morning. 

There is a 30% chance of rain Sunday night, then 20% Monday that rises to 50% Tuesday before increasing to 80% by Wednesday and Wednesday night.  There is 50% chance of rain Thursday dropping to 20% Friday. 

The main threats will be localized flooding Wednesday night into Thursday morning.  Look for ponding of water on roadways and flooding of city streets and low lying rural areas.  2 to 3 inches of rain could fall in the Concho Valley Wednesday night.  

This is a dynamic weather system.  Check back often for updates.  


Subscribe to the LIVE! Daily

The LIVE! Daily is the "newspaper to your email" for San Angelo. Each content-packed edition has weather, the popular Top of the Email opinion and rumor mill column, news around the state of Texas, news around west Texas, the latest news stories from San Angelo LIVE!, events, and the most recent obituaries. The bottom of the email contains the most recent rants and comments. The LIVE! daily is emailed 5 days per week. On Sundays, subscribers receive the West Texas Real Estate LIVE! email.


Most Recent Videos

Post a comment to this article here:

X Close