Preschool Tragedy: Young Girl Dies After Choking on School Lunch


CEDAR HILL, TX – A preschool girl from a Cedar Hill ISD died last week after choking on a school lunch.

According to multiple reports, on Jan. 20, 2023, a pre-kindergarten girl was rushed to Methodist Charlton Medical Center after she choked on her food during lunch at Highland Hills Elementary School.

Although she was rushed to the hospital the child did not survive. The school district has released the following statement on the issue:

Cedar Hill ISD has experienced an unimaginable tragedy today with the passing of one of our elementary scholars. The CHISD community is grieving with the family, classmates, and friends of the child. Grief counselors were on hand today and will be there Monday to support the campus. This is a difficult time for everyone, but I know our Longhorn family will lean on each other as we remember our fellow student and her family.”

The school district has provided grief counselors for the girl's classmates and teachers.

Subscribe to the LIVE! Daily

The LIVE! Daily is the "newspaper to your email" for San Angelo. Each content-packed edition has weather, the popular Top of the Email opinion and rumor mill column, news around the state of Texas, news around west Texas, the latest news stories from San Angelo LIVE!, events, and the most recent obituaries. The bottom of the email contains the most recent rants and comments. The LIVE! daily is emailed 5 days per week. On Sundays, subscribers receive the West Texas Real Estate LIVE! email.


Most Recent Videos

Post a comment to this article here:

X Close