Job No: 496985
Location: McCamey, Tx, San Angelo, TX
City: San Angelo
Categories: Other, Operations/Maintenance (Power, Water, Transmission, Telecom), On-site
LCRA is looking for an energetic and motivated individual to lead the substation maintenance district in San Angelo, Texas.
You will be trusted to:
Provides day-to-day guidance and direction to work group. Monitors work and project completion. Schedules personnel and equipment needed for ongoing and special projects. Makes provisions to keep work unit fully staffed. Ensures that workers who operate LCRA-owned or rented equipment are properly trained in the safe and proper use of the equipment. Conducts performance evaluations and handle performance-related issues. Gives feedback to employees on quality and quantity of work produced. Provides instruction and training as needed. Communicates with employees to ensure accurate and timely dissemination of information. Provides input into budgeting process, pay actions, and other employment decisions, equipment replacement and/or repair, and decisions pertaining to effectiveness of work group efforts. Participates in work activities when safety provisions allow.
You qualify with:
- Nine or more years of experience in electrical or mechanical equipment installation, maintenance or repair in a high-voltage environment or transmission line installation, maintenance or repair, including one year of leadership responsibility. A degree(s) in electrical power theory, electronics, instrumentation, controls, industrial or mechanical maintenance or relevant field may be substituted per LCRA guidelines for certain
You are a great fit with:
Transmission/distribution substation maintenance experience.
- Competitive salary & medical, dental, vision and legal insurance
- Paid time off, including time for vacation, sick and family care leave
- 401(k) match up to 8% that includes a student loan 401(k) contribution program option
- Life and disability insurance
- Wellness program including wellness incentive
- Extensive learning & development programs
And more - all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer
LCRA provides equal employment opportunities and a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at LCRA are based on business need, job requirement and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, or veteran status in accordance with applicable federal and state legal requirements governing nondiscrimination in employment.