Responsible for assisting the Facilities Director with proper maintenance of the physical plant of West Texas Boys Ranch. Perform maintenance on grounds, cottages, equipment and household appliances.
There is a $1,000 sign-on bonus if hired!
- High School degree.
- Clean driving record
- Must be able tpass an FBI background check (fingerprinting required)
- Must be able tlift objects over 70 pounds
- Must perform jobs in a safe manner at all times using safety equipment such as goggles, face shields, and lifting belts.
- At least 2 years of relevant experience.
- Certifications for water and waste water plant operations (preferred)
- Required – class c water and waste water licenses before first anniversary of employment
- Knowledge of local, state and federal standards for facilities
- Background in facility maintenance – strong skill set for sheetrock and painting (required)
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist Facilities Director in maintaining the cottages and other buildings tmeet all standards
- Assist Facilities Director in maintaining the water and waste water systems tmeet all standards
- Maintains 40 acre grounds tbe safe and appealing
- Working knowledge of the following skills
- Minor electrical
- Grounds keeping (mowing, weed eating, tree trimming)
- Preventive maintenance of a/c units and other small equipment
- Swimming pool maintenance
- Represent West Texas Boys Ranch in a courteous, professional manner through actions and appearance.
- Drive vehicles in a safe and courteous manner
- Coordinate for disposition of and use of donated items
- Perform other duties as requested
This position requires On-Site Housing. (Available after a 90 day probation period) Housing and utilities (up t$200/month) paid. Must be able twork independently. Be accessible for situations requiring immediate attention. This position is nonexempt and structured around a five-day / 40 hour work week. Most duties may be performed Monday through Friday but may require some weekend work. All hours approved and worked in excess of forty (40) hours week will be flexed out within the work week.