The Concho Valley Community Supervision and Corrections Department is looking for a new Residential Monitor. The Residential Monitor works under the guidance of the Residential Shift Leader for at least a 40 hour week. Pay is $38,264 annually
The Residential Monitor will monitor, supervise and record activities of the residents to ensure
compliance of the facility’s procedures and rules and compliance of residents’ community supervision
conditions. The Residential Monitor will oversee specific elements of the intake, orientation and
discharge of residents and will assist in addressing the needs of the residents.
1. Provides surveillance and direct supervision, security, control and care of
assigned residents in accordance with established policies, regulations, and
procedures at the assigned residential treatment facility.
2. Monitors all residents leaving and returning to the CCF from authorized or
unauthorized leave, all non-staff personnel entering the CCF premises; all
residents in-house for compliance with program rules, regulations and
3. Monitors and observe resident’s general conduct and behavior to prevent
disturbances and/or absconding.
4. Conducts inspections of all assigned work areas of residents.
5. Conducts thorough physical pat downs and strip searches of CCF residents.
6. Dispense and record all medication(s) or non-prescription drugs for residents.
7. Obtains breath/urine samples from CCF residents.
8. Upon being made aware of (personal observation or third party notification)
rule violation or extraordinary behavior, resident monitors shall immediately
notify (either verbally or in writing) CCF residents of said behavior.
9. Enforces sanctions imposed on CCF residents by the CCF disciplinary board
or other authority.
10. Issues supplies and equipment to CCF residents according to policies and
11. Transports and/or escorts residents to and from designated areas and/or
12. Receives and receipts accounts payable by CCF residents and secures all
monies in the CCF safe.
13. Monitors all areas of the facility for safety hazards, maintenance problems,
property damage and prevention of criminal activity, monitor operations of
equipment and report malfunctions.
14. Implements/monitors emergency disaster/medical drills as required.
15. Receives and appropriately directs all incoming calls.
16. Is knowledgeable of and uses Universal Precautions when dealing with
17. Conducts self in a professional manner with colleagues in the criminal justice
system, with offenders, with victims, and with the public.
18. Complies with CJAD Standards; Residential Code of Ethics; Departmental
policies and procedures
19. Performs other duties as required.
Have acquired a high school diploma or GED
Ability to meet the physical demands of the position which may include bending,
pushing, pulling, lifting up to 50 pounds, standing and/or sitting for extended periods of
Ability to work in stressful situations
Ability to operate various office equipment and equipment needed to assess residents
Ability to travel as required
Ability and training to administer CPR and/or first aid in an emergency situation
Have the ability to utilize a personal computer
Be able to work independently and efficiently
Possess skills to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
Ability to work a flexible schedule to include evenings, weekends and holidays
Please note the state will pay 100% of the medical premium for full-time employee-only coverage and 50% of eligible dependents premiums.
Apply in person at 3036 N Bryant Blvd or online here
Concho Valley CSCD
3036 N Bryant Blvd
San Angelo, TX 76903
Office: (325) 659-0205
Fax: (325) 658-6346