The Food Service Assistant works under the general supervision of the Food Service Supervisor and is
responsible for the preparation, cooking and serving of adequate nutritious meals as specified by menus and standardized recipes. Pay is $25,645 annually
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Prepare, cook, and serve meals to all residents in a residential treatment
2. Handles and prepares various types of food items in a proper manner.
3. Meet all meal schedules and inventories daily usage of items from dry and
cold storage areas.
4. Properly use facility supplies and equipment to minimize loss, waste, and
5. Prepares food that is in accordance with the Food Services manual,
maintaining good hygiene practices by wearing clean clothes, hair/beard
restraints, and gloves in accordance with Texas Health Department standards.
6. Maintains inventory of supplies used in meal preparation.
7. Supervises residents assigned to work details in kitchen and insures kitchen
and dining area are cleaned after each meal.
8. Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
9. Conducts self in a professional manner with colleagues in the criminal justice
system, with offenders, with victims, and with the public.
10. Complies with the CJAD Standards; Residential Code of Ethics; Departmental
policies and procedures.
6 th grade level literacy and math preferred
Minimum of one year experience preferred in institutional quantity food production
service and sanitation
Be able to work independently and efficiently
Possess skills to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
Be able to lift up to 50 pounds
Ability to work a flexible schedule to include evenings, weekends and holidays
Please note the state will pay 100% of the medical premium for full-time employee-only coverage and 50% of eligible dependents premiums.
Apply in person at 3036 N Bryant Blvd or online here